Field Service Technician – Reno, NV
The Field Service Technician (FST) supports H2O Engineering’s customer base both remotely and onsite. The FST provides customer service in all aspects and represents the company to our clients. The FST is responsible for servicing, maintaining, repairing, upgrading, installing, and commissioning water treatment systems and components. The FST is also responsible for maintaining and deploying H2O Engineering’s rental system fleet. The FST reports to the Field Operations Supervisor.
- Provide in-house and in field troubleshooting assistance for existing customer base
- Log and manage Service Cases within CRM for customer service follow-up and resolution
- Manage H2O Rental Fleet, including fleet upgrades and repairs, routine rental maintenance, and communications with rental customers.
- Perform and/or coordinate in-house service on customer equipment
- Travel and/or coordinate travel as needed for local and interstate service startups and maintenance visits
- Provide customers with telephone support for start-up or trouble shooting
- Perform upgrades, retrofits, and customization of existing equipment
- Provide service training to customers both in-house and at site
- Assist with maintaining the customer communications structure within CRM
- Regularly contact current clients with existing ozone systems in the field to schedule a service call or to quote service items/parts/contracts utilizing CRM for planning, follow up, and recordkeeping
- Coordinate with data center to verify remote reading capabilities of systems.
- Instruct customers on proper installation of all products.
- Quickly diagnose installation issues and product defects.
- Determine proper course of action when an improperly installed, damaged, or defective component is identified.
- Maintain awareness of all aspects of a project during implementation.
- Provide timely and detailed status reports to supervisor.
- Coordinate with engineers, other technicians, and production staff to track defects and develop solutions to recurring problems.
- Maintain professional demeanor with clients and customers including contractors, maintenance staff, consultants, and equipment owners.
- Meet all H2O Engineering and customer Health and Safety Policy and Procedure requirements
- Regular travel to job sites requires organization of expenses and adherence to travel policies
- Monitor / assess plant operational parameters and provide feedback to Manager
- Work directly with Sales Team to manage customer expectations or issues
- Work within budget guidelines and identify opportunities
- Other duties as assigned by the Field Operations Supervisor and Service Manager
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Technical degree such as Environmental, Civil, Mechanical, and/or Chemical Engineering, or certification in electrical work, electronics repair, or similar field is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of water treatment processes, technologies and markets is preferred.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule.
- At least two years’ experience in a technical field is preferred.
- Hands-on experience testing and repairing technical equipment.
- Experience with PLC programming or troubleshooting is preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Self-motivated and organized.
- Strong record keeping skills.
- Valid CA Driver’s license is required.
- Good customer relations and communication skills.