Water Treatment Sales Account Manager – Sacramento, CA
Join the water treatment and reuse market, a rapidly growing market that helps the environment and global sustainability. The Sales Account Manager is a technical sales position serving new and existing client relationships. The position provides a flexible and independent work environment where you can develop your sales and relationship building skills. You will receive direct training and support to help you develop valuable technology and selling skills.
This individual is directly responsible for the creation, development, and execution of their territory annual sales plan, and assists in the development of sales strategies, procedures, and resources. The role will be based in or near Sacramento, CA and will cover Northern California and Nevada with periodic visits to the Northwestern United States. The individual in this position will report directly to the VP of Sales of H2O Engineering, Inc.
- Work closely with customers to identify their water treatment, environmental and business needs;
- Collaborate with engineering and service teams to develop the best solution for the customer;
- Clearly communicate the benefits of our tailored solutions and close new business;
- Develop new opportunities through lead generation, relationship building, networking and cold calling;
- Develop timely proposals that offer options and solutions;
- Manage key customer relationships that deliver long term business and new opportunities for expansion and service;
- Visit customer sites within designated sales territory, including regular overnight travel;
- Exceed customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction;
- Timely communication with clients, including conflict resolution as required, and managing account profitability;
- Attend sales meetings and provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting and reporting;
- Follow-up consistently on projects in pipeline, resulting in current CRM client records that deliver accurate client/project status reports on demand to management team;
- Develop plans and strategies for developing new business and achieving territory sales goals.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in science, technology, engineering, or similar
- Minimum 5 years technical experience and consultative sales experience
- Proven ability to work remotely in an unstructured environment
- Knowledge of water treatment processes, technologies and markets
- Ability to negotiate winning proposals
- Knowledge of water regulatory requirements is a plus