Based in San Luis Obispo, California, H2O Engineering, Inc. is a full-service water treatment solutions company. H2O provides custom designed water treatment systems for commercial/industrial water, wastewater, water reuse, and groundwater remediation markets.
We pride ourselves in manufacturing systems that employ cutting-edge technologies, superior components, and industry leading automation and controls logic. The only thing that we hold higher than our products, are our relationships with our clientele throughout the life of each project.
From conceptual design to technical O&M support, H2O’s extensive experience offers value to our customers. We work with environmental engineering consultants and project contractors worldwide to secure solutions for a multitude of needs. Our combined expertise in a variety of markets is what makes H2O Engineering, Inc. a valuable resource within the water industry.
Field Service Technician - San Luis Obispo, CA
POSITION OBJECTIVEThe Field Service Technician (FST) supports H2O Engineering's customer base both remotely and onsite. The FST provides customer service in all aspects and represents the company to our clients. The FST is responsible for servicing, maintaining, repairing, upgrading, installing, and commissioning water treatment systems and components. The FST is also responsible for maintaining and deploying H2O Engineering's rental system fleet. The FST is a full-time position reporting to the Field Operations Supervisor.
- Provide in-house and in field troubleshooting assistance for existing customer base
- Log and manage Service Cases within CRM for customer service follow-up and resolution
- Manage H2O Rental Fleet, including fleet upgrades and repairs, routine rental maintenance, and communications with rental customers.
- Perform and/or coordinate in-house service on customer equipment
- Travel and/or coordinate travel as needed for local and interstate service startups and maintenance visits
- Provide customers with telephone support for start-up or trouble shooting
- Perform upgrades, retrofits, and customization of existing equipment
- Provide service training to customers both in-house and at site
- Assist with maintaining the customer communications structure within CRM
- Regularly contact current clients with existing ozone systems in the field to schedule a service call or to quote service items/parts/contracts utilizing CRM for planning, follow up, and record keeping
- Coordinate with data center to verify remote reading capabilities of systems.
- Instruct customers on proper installation of all products.
- Quickly diagnose installation issues and product defects.
- Determine proper course of action when an improperly installed, damaged, or defective component is identified.
- Maintain awareness of all aspects of a project during implementation.
- Provide timely and detailed status reports to supervisor.
- Coordinate with engineers, other technicians, and production staff to track defects and develop solutions to recurring problems.
- Maintain professional demeanor with clients and customers including contractors, maintenance staff, consultants, and equipment owners.
- Meet all H2O Engineering and customer Health and Safety Policy and Procedure requirements.
- Regular travel to job sites requires organization of expenses and adherence to travel policies.
- Monitor / assess plant operational parameters and provide feedback to Manager
- Work directly with Sales Team to manage customer expectations or issues
- Work within budget guidelines and identify opportunities
- Other duties as assigned by the Field Operations Supervisor
- Knowledge of water treatment processes, technologies and markets is preferred.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Hands-on experience testing and repairing technical equipment.
- Experience with PLC programming or troubleshooting is preferred.
- Ability to work unsupervised on site at a customer facility.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Self-motivated and organized.
- Strong record keeping skills.
- Good customer relations and communication skills.
- Technical degree such as Environmental, Civil, Mechanical, and/or Chemical Engineering, or certification in electrical work, electronics repair, or similar field is preferred, but not required.
- At least two years’ experience in a technical field is preferred.
- Willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Valid CA Driver’s license is required.
Senior Water Treatment Sales Engineer - Northern California
Join the water treatment and reuse market, a rapidly growing market that helps the environment and global sustainability. The Senior Sales Engineer is a technical sales position serving new and existing client relationships. The position provides a flexible and independent work environment where you can develop your sales and relationship building skills. You will receive direct training and support to help you develop valuable technology and selling skills.
This individual is directly responsible for the creation, development, and execution of their territory annual sales plan, and assists in the development of sales strategies, procedures, and resources. The role is preferably based in San Luis Obispo, CA or near Northern California and will cover Northern California, Central Valley CA with occasional visits throughout the United States. The individual in this position will report directly to the VP of Sales of H2O Engineering, Inc.
- Work closely with customers to identify their water treatment, environmental and business needs;
- Collaborate with engineering and service teams to develop the best solution for the customer;
- Clearly communicate the benefits of our tailored solutions and close new business;
- Develop new opportunities through lead generation, relationship building, networking and cold calling;
- Develop timely proposals that offer options and solutions;
- Manage key customer relationships that deliver long term business and new opportunities for expansion and service;
- Visit customer sites within designated sales territory, including regular overnight travel;
- Exceed customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction;
- Timely communication with clients, including conflict resolution as required, and managing account profitability;
- Attend sales meetings and provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting and reporting;
- Follow-up consistently on projects in pipeline, resulting in current CRM client records that deliver accurate client/project status reports on demand to management team;
- Develop plans and strategies for developing new business and achieving territory sales goals.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in science, technology, engineering or similar
- Knowledge of water treatment processes, technologies, markets, and water regulatory requirements
- Minimum 5 years of technical and consultative sales experience within the water treatment industry
- Proven ability to work remotely in an unstructured environment
- Ability to negotiate winning proposals
- Sales Performance Commission Plan
- Sales Performance Bonus Plan
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
POSITION OBJECTIVEThe Engineering Manager plans, organizes, and directs engineering staff to meet company objectives for design, product development and improvement of existing product lines. The Engineering Manager will be directly responsible for resource allocation, departmental planning, budget maintenance, and performance reporting, as well as supervising the Engineering Department staff in project assignment, task management, prioritization, and scheduling. The position will also direct staff toward company and departmental objectives for both new and existing product research, development, and design.
- Manage engineering staff, prepare work schedules, assign specific duties
- Create and maintain departmental budgets for the Engineering Department
- Hire, train and mentor other engineers and supporting staff
- Direct and coordinate the creation of Process & Instrumentation Diagrams, mechanical and electrical drawings, and internal manufacturing reference materials
- Lead in the creation of the product bill of materials to consistently meet project deadlines
- Coordinate and lead the preparation of sales proposals/bids and contracts
- Lead the strategic development of the Engineering Department
- Coordinate with Sales, Service and Operations Departments to develop and manufacture new products and enhance existing designs
- Make detailed plans to accomplish specific departmental and strategic company goals
- Review performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement, assess products and processes for potential cost reduction and process improvement
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with staff members as necessary
- Determine staffing requirements and interview, supervise, and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes
- Perform water treatment process calculations & simulations using industry standard RO sizing and chemical calculation software
- Create Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s) for new system proposals and orders
- Create Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s) for final in-house system designs
- Support Sales Department personnel in technical approaches to proposals
- Determine appropriate water treatment technologies for project opportunities
- Size treatment equipment (filters, pumps, RO systems, ozone injection systems, ozone sparge systems, etc.)
- Review client specifications and communicate with client’s technical representatives
- Work with automation, mechanical design, and production disciplines to ensure proper process design of all equipment
- Preparation of process information for equipment / instrumentation datasheets
- Create equipment tag lists for system components
- Define Control Narratives for complete system operation
- Lead technical discussions & presentations to clients
- Write project specifications and review or compile final sales proposals
- Assist in the Specification of purchasing of equipment, issue RFQ’s, quote comparison, vendor selection
- Process approval of fabrication drawings and control strategies
- Determine component specifications for overall system designs and new product development
- Support the development and maintenance of the Technical Resources Division within Engineering, including case study creation, technical journal submissions, internal database, and website development
- Successfully manage small to medium projects simultaneously
- Support R&D with technical research including existing patents, methods, white papers, etc.
- Assist in creation of control system narratives, device tag lists and input/output (I/O) charts
- Assist with task documentation and scope definition during customer meetings
- Support engineering team members in all other engineering duties, including mechanical design and documentation, quality control, and manufacturing engineering where needed
- Introduce new projects with engineering and production teams with clear definitions of project expectations and goals.
- Assist in creation in project schedule and task management for engineering and production teams
- Process & Instrumentation Diagram creation and owner of final system design from project kick-off to project completion including QC
- Guide the design team in the creation of 3D mechanical layout, assembly and part fabrication drawings
- Specify equipment for purchasing, issue RFQ’s to vendors, compare quotes and vendors and create initial Bill of Materials for project including major equipment and long-lead items.
- Support engineering team members in all other engineering duties, including mechanical, electrical, control and process design and documentation
- Interact with Purchasing to source and specify new components and support system fabrication questions or concerns
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- The ability to effectively communicate a clear vision and strategy for the development of the engineering team and department as a whole
- Complete understanding of Process and Instrumentation Diagrams and overall system process design
- Familiarity with industrial control systems using PLC based controls and experience with typical control elements like relays, 4-20mA loop devices, sensors, control valves etc.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities independently without direct supervision
- The candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis in technical report writing
- Experience with leading technical discussions with customers with heavy engineering backgrounds.
- Utilize task management system to set deadlines, prioritize project work and meet those deadlines
- Candidate must possess an Engineering degree, or equivalent, and experience in a field involved in technical projects
- 5 years of engineering experience including management experience preferred
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Direct experience with MS Office, AutoCAD, and SolidWorks (3D and Electrical)
- The ability to work both independently and closely with others
- Schedule flexibility with the ability to travel
- The ideal candidate will possess experience in the water treatment industry with a strong knowledge of organic chemistry, water treatment applications, customer service, and project organization.
- Experience in the engineering, design, and project management of water treatment processes, products, systems, and facilities
- Familiarity with environmental remediation design, equipment, processes, and technologies
- The ability to consistently produce quality work within budget and on schedule
- A licensed PE is preferred but not required
- Valid Driver license