Based in San Luis Obispo, California, H2O Engineering, Inc. is a full-service water treatment solutions company. H2O provides custom designed water treatment systems for commercial/industrial water, wastewater, water reuse, and groundwater remediation markets.
We pride ourselves in manufacturing systems that employ cutting-edge technologies, superior components, and industry leading automation and controls logic. The only thing that we hold higher than our products, are our relationships with our clientele throughout the life of each project.
From conceptual design to technical O&M support, H2O’s extensive experience offers value to our customers. We work with environmental engineering consultants and project contractors worldwide to secure solutions for a multitude of needs. Our combined expertise in a variety of markets is what makes H2O Engineering, Inc. a valuable resource within the water industry.
Sales Account Manager - Sacramento, CA
Join the water treatment and reuse market, a rapidly growing market that helps the environment and global sustainability. The Sales Account Manager is a technical sales position serving new and existing client relationships. The position provides a flexible and independent work environment where you can develop your sales and relationship building skills. You will receive direct training and support to help you develop valuable technology and selling skills.
This individual is directly responsible for the creation, development, and execution of their territory annual sales plan, and assists in the development of sales strategies, procedures, and resources. The role will be based in or near Sacramento, CA and will cover Northern California and Nevada with periodic visits to the Northwestern United States. The individual in this position will report directly to the VP of Sales of H2O Engineering, Inc.
- Work closely with customers to identify their water treatment, environmental and business needs;
- Collaborate with engineering and service teams to develop the best solution for the customer;
- Clearly communicate the benefits of our tailored solutions and close new business;
- Develop new opportunities through lead generation, relationship building, networking and cold calling;
- Develop timely proposals that offer options and solutions;
- Manage key customer relationships that deliver long term business and new opportunities for expansion and service;
- Visit customer sites within designated sales territory, including regular overnight travel;
- Exceed customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction;
- Timely communication with clients, including conflict resolution as required, and managing account profitability;
- Attend sales meetings and provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting and reporting;
- Follow-up consistently on projects in pipeline, resulting in current CRM client records that deliver accurate client/project status reports on demand to management team;
- Develop plans and strategies for developing new business and achieving territory sales goals.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in science, technology, engineering, or similar
- Minimum 5 years technical experience and consultative sales experience
- Proven ability to work remotely in an unstructured environment
- Knowledge of water treatment processes, technologies and markets
- Ability to negotiate winning proposals
- Knowledge of water regulatory requirements is a plus
Manufacturing Technician II
POSITION OBJECTIVEThe Manufacturing Technician 2 position is an elevation of the Manufacturing Technician position. It acknowledges specific knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience. An employee in this position will be responsible for all aspects of the production process including, subassembly, fabrication, electrical, plumbing, quality control, safety, and housekeeping. He/she will also be responsible for learning and conforming to all company and departmental policies and procedures. This employee will also lead safety and skills training sessions as well as monitoring the shop for adherence to company processes and policies. This employee will be expected to serve as role model to others in his day to day role, with regards to performance, attitude, punctuality, and adherence to H2O policies and procedures.
- Support management in creating all safety procedures and documentation
- Lead Production Team in all H2O Safety Trainings
- Identify and communicate any safety hazards in the workplace
- Communicate any parts needs through proper channels
- Interpret all Production Reference Materials and identify discrepancies including any errors or needed materials
- Become proficient in all production tasks (i.e. electrical wiring, metal and pvc plumbing, fabrication, subassembly, assembly, and analysis), always maintaining H2O quality standards
- Keep personal workspace clean and organized
- Oversee and participate in shop housekeeping
- Participate in Inventory Assessments
- Learn new soft/hard skills and improve known skills
- Adhere to all H2O efficiency and quality standards and procedures
- Identify shop needs for tools and safety equipment
- Manage shop inventory of tools and personal protective equipment
- Offer ideas to improve shop flow, efficiencies, or morale
- Be a positive role model for other H2O Production employees
- Be available to offer expertise and knowledge to other H2O employees
- Record keeping of performance indicators and other H2O documentation processes
- Utilize H2O computer system to maintain shop documentation and reference materials needs
- Maintain ongoing education of ozone and the in-situ process and practices
- Create two goals, biannually, and plan a course of action to achieve those goals
- Any and all other duties that are created for the Manufacturing Technician position during employment with H2O Engineering, Inc.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSThe Manufacturing Technician position requires the ability to perform certain physical duties and tasks. They include but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to work in awkward positions for extended periods of time
- Ability to constantly use hand and power tools
- Ability to ascend and descend a ladder
- Ability to use or be in contact with toxic chemicals
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- The candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Utilize task management system to set deadlines, prioritize project work and meet those deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Candidate must have mechanical or manufacturing experience and knowledge of basic hand and power tools
- Computer literate in MS Office
- The ability to consistently produce quality work within budget and on schedule
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- The ability to work both independently and closely with others
- Forklift experience a plus
- Schedule flexibility
- Valid CA Driver license with a clean driving record
- H2O Engineering, Inc. will educate the newly hired candidate to better understand H2O’s manufactured goods, client base and environmental remediation and water treatment industries
- H2O Engineering, Inc. will provide the opportunity to attend necessary training classes in order to stay abreast with the latest technology needed for the role
Field Service Technician - Reno, NV
Position ObjectiveThe Field Service Technician (FST) supports H2O Engineering’s customer base both remotely and onsite. The FST provides customer service in all aspects and represents the company to our clients. The FST is responsible for servicing, maintaining, repairing, upgrading, installing, and commissioning water treatment systems and components. The FST is also responsible for maintaining and deploying H2O Engineering’s rental system fleet. The FST reports to the Field Operations Supervisor.
- Provide in-house and in field troubleshooting assistance for existing customer base
- Log and manage Service Cases within CRM for customer service follow-up and resolution
- Manage H2O Rental Fleet, including fleet upgrades and repairs, routine rental maintenance, and communications with rental customers.
- Perform and/or coordinate in-house service on customer equipment
- Travel and/or coordinate travel as needed for local and interstate service startups and maintenance visits
- Provide customers with telephone support for start-up or trouble shooting
- Perform upgrades, retrofits, and customization of existing equipment
- Provide service training to customers both in-house and at site
- Assist with maintaining the customer communications structure within CRM
- Regularly contact current clients with existing ozone systems in the field to schedule a service call or to quote service items/parts/contracts utilizing CRM for planning, follow up, and recordkeeping
- Coordinate with data center to verify remote reading capabilities of systems.
- Instruct customers on proper installation of all products.
- Quickly diagnose installation issues and product defects.
- Determine proper course of action when an improperly installed, damaged, or defective component is identified.
- Maintain awareness of all aspects of a project during implementation.
- Provide timely and detailed status reports to supervisor.
- Coordinate with engineers, other technicians, and production staff to track defects and develop solutions to recurring problems.
- Maintain professional demeanor with clients and customers including contractors, maintenance staff, consultants, and equipment owners.
- Meet all H2O Engineering and customer Health and Safety Policy and Procedure requirements
- Regular travel to job sites requires organization of expenses and adherence to travel policies
- Monitor / assess plant operational parameters and provide feedback to Manager
- Work directly with Sales Team to manage customer expectations or issues
- Work within budget guidelines and identify opportunities
- Other duties as assigned by the Field Operations Supervisor and Service Manager
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Technical degree such as Environmental, Civil, Mechanical, and/or Chemical Engineering, or certification in electrical work, electronics repair, or similar field is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of water treatment processes, technologies and markets is preferred.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule.
- At least two years’ experience in a technical field is preferred.
- Hands-on experience testing and repairing technical equipment.
- Experience with PLC programming or troubleshooting is preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Self-motivated and organized.
- Strong record keeping skills.
- Valid CA Driver’s license is required.
- Good customer relations and communication skills.